Wuhan UniversityÂ is a comprehensive university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education. It is also one of the “211 Project” and “985 Project” universities with full support from the central and local government of China. Surrounded by the East Lake and Mountain Luojia, WHU is known as the “the most beautiful university in China” for its scenic campus which covers an area of 5166 acres.Â Wuhan University School of Medicine is one of the many schools that are taking in Foreign Students in Wuhan. Here are the details of the most popular course offered by the campus, the undergraduate bilingual program in Clinical Medicine.
The center has been accepting international students since 1986 and the English-taught MBBS program was started from 2004. WHU is among the first batch of 30 universities qualified to teach MBBS in English announced by Ministry Of Education in China. By now, there are more than 5100 medical students, including 3,000 undergraduates, 1,500 graduates and 600 international students from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Somalia, Canada, the United States, Singapore, Thailand, Myanmar, Nepal etc 22 countries. Through academic exchanges, the Center maintains good relationships and collaborates with hospitals and institutes in America, Britain, France, Germany, Finland and Japan as well as Hongkong and Taiwan.
The bilingual undergraduate program in Clinical medicine includes three parts:
(1) Chinese culture and natural science courses. In order to facilitate their learning and life in China and contact with patients in their medical practice, the Chinese language shall be a compulsory course during the whole undergraduate medical program in English for international students in China.
(2) Basic medical sciences, behavioral science, humanities, social science and medical ethics, preventive medicine and clinical medicine. It is also required to pass the examinations of these courses respectively.
(3) Internship. The institutions shall meticulously organize the reasonable arrangement of the internship. The duration of the internship is one year (at least 48 weeks).
WHU is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
- Application Fee: 800 RMB
- Tuition Fee: 32,000RMB/year
- Accommodation Fee: 7,200-12,000 RMB/year
- Insurance Fee: 600 RMB/year
- Visa Fee: 400 RMB for a year)
- Accommodation Deposit: 200 RMB
- Physical Test Fee: Around 300 RMB
- Text Book: Around 1000 RMB
The monthly expenses depends on the life style that you are leading and could be anywhere between 800 RMB – 1600 RMB per month.Being one of the major cities in China and the largest City in Central China, the cost of living is not cheap as compared to other “non-metropolis” areas of China.
Powered by Facebook Comments
Powered by Facebook Comments